- Growth in Thailand's transportation infrastructure sector will mainly be driven by rail projects, which accounts for 78% of the total value of major projects currently at planning or under construction.
- Projects in the high-speed rail (HSR) segment account for the majority of the total value of rail
- The new economic recovery plan announced by Chile’s government will see an uptick in public spending on construction projects over the coming quarters while also supporting private investment.
- 该计划埃尔帕索艾尔帕索智利本身Recupera将支持从H2 2020智利建筑业的复苏
- The tender response bodes well more broadly for the Pinera
- We forecast the value of Uruguay’s construction industry to contract in real terms by 1.3% y-o-y in 2020 and rebound to growth in 2021, expanding by 4.6% y-o-y.
- The relative success of the Uruguayan government at slowing the spread of Covid-19 in the country will limit the impact of the disease on the
- We have turned bearish on the growth of the Philippines’ construction sector in 2020, and we now expect the sector to experience a full-year contraction of 9.8% y-o-y in real terms. This sharp downward revision is underpinned by a dismal Q220 performance, and the escalating Covid-19 pandemic situation in
- The Vietnamese construction and infrastructure market has one of the most diverse competitive landscapes in the South-east Asia region.
- More than half of construction roles are awarded to foreign contractors, reflecting the openness of Vietnam’s construction market. Foreign participation is mainly
- As Ethiopia’s manufacturing sector and trade are set for continued growth, we expect the landlocked country to prioritise the development of Berbera port in Somaliland while continuing to rely on Djibouti as its central export corridor.
- Beyond bolstering investment in the port itself, which is already
- Colombian President Iván Duque’s announcement of a new economic recovery plan marks a major step toward a broad strategy to organise government efforts at the national level to boost economic activity following a slowdown in recent months due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Compromiso por Colombia plan
- The widespread upheaval of urban travel globally, brought about by the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, will accelerate the growth of micro-mobility and necessitate greater infrastructure investment to accommodate greater device uptake.
- Measures across several European markets, such as cycling infrastructure
- East African governments, as well as lenders, will increasingly aim to increase the financial sustainability of rail projects. As a result, we expect some standard gauge railway (SGR) projects to be substituted with less expensive rehabilitations of existing narrow gauge railways and remaining SGR projects