China has long been a key growth driver in the global economy and will likely remain so over the coming decade. However, structural challenges both old and new, paint a less rosy decade ahead. Join us for an interactive, holistic discussion of these challenges from both country risk and industry perspectives, crystallised in four defining themes for the coming decade.
- China + 1 Strategy and the fragmentation of supply chains: What are the implications of a world seemingly determined to diversify away from China as a manufacturing hub, and what form will this diversification take?
- Cold War Redux?: What do worsening relations with the West, in particular the US, mean for the future of Sino-West economic cooperation and the Belt and Road Initiative?
- End of the Stimulus Decade: What does it mean for the economy as China becomes less able to support growth in times of crisis over the next decade?
Global Head of Country Risk
Cedric Chehab is the Global Head of Country Risk at Fitch Solutions where he helps ensure the coherence of global macro and country risk strategy. Currently based in Singapore, Cedric previously served as Head of Asia Research, where he was responsible for all Asia-based country risk analysis and industry research. Before that he was Head of Americas Research, based in New York. From 2008 to 2010, Cedric worked in London as Head of Commodities Research and Strategy. He has also worked in management consulting at Accenture. Cedric holds an MSc in Economic History from the London School of Economics and a BA in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from the University of Essex.
Senior Analyst, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
Senior China Analyst, Asia Country Risk
达伦泰joined Fitch Solutions as a Country Risk Analyst in 2018 and has since accumulated a rich experience from analysing more than half a dozen economies in Asia, both emerging and developed, including China (his key market), Malaysia and Singapore. Darren focuses on the interplay between politics, policy and the economy, and led coverage of key political episodes in recent years, including Malaysia’s 2018 General Elections, Thailand’s 2019 Legislative Elections and anti-government protests in Hong Kong in 2019. Based in Singapore and promoted to Senior Analyst in 2020, Darren delivers timely insights and pioneers longer-term thought leadership research on markets under his coverage. Darren graduated Summa Cum Laude with a B.Sc (Economics) and a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the Singapore Management University.
- Koh Hui Koon - Country Risk Analyst, Asia
- Kenny Liew - Industry Analyst, TMT
- 詹姆斯苏 - 行业分析师，基础设施
- Daine蕙 - 行业分析师，电力和可再生能源
- Lin Taohai - Industry Analyst, Consumer Goods
THIS COMMENTARY IS PUBLISHED BY FITCH SOLUTIONS COUNTRY RISK & INDUSTRY RESEARCH and is NOT a comment on Fitch Ratings' Credit Ratings. Any comments or data are solely derived from Fitch Solutions Country Risk & Industry Research and independent sources. Fitch Ratings analysts do not share data or information with Fitch Solutions Country Risk & Industry Research.